Welcome, we are a kind, open-minded, simple community. All help welcome, in any way you can think of.
Remmina uses the fork and pull model. If you’d like to make changes to this project, the following steps will get you there!
The wiki has details on how to compile Remmina and FreeRDP. Look for issues labeled “help wanted”. There are also paid bounties available. Know how to fix a bug or implement anything requested or completely new, but lack the time? Get in touch, We can pay for some hours of your time. Don’t be shy.
Fix existing bugs
In general, this is the most important task. To see all the issues already labeled as bugs, you can use this query
Implement most wanted features and fixes (bounty $305)
- Refactoring remmina_connection_window.c as it is big, complicated and hard to extend.
- Simplify the user interface.
- Separate plugin processes from the main process to improve stability.
- Write an additional plugin system to write plugins also in Python and eventually Ruby.
Submit user and developer guides in any (accessible) format you want (screencasts, PDF, HTML, Open Document, .gs, .ps, LaTeX, GitLab wiki , etc).
Report bugs, ideas, issues
Install it, use it and report What doesn’t work, is missing, or ugly. Don’t hesitate to let us know. For bug and feature requests, use GitLab issues or ask on IRC. #remmina on freenode.
Send in pictures or screengrabs of your setup.
Help translate Remmina to your language.
- As short as you can. Around 2 minutes to maximum 4 minutes.
- Avoid showing copyrighted and distracting content, even custom/other desktop icons should not be shown.
Videos demonstrating different ways to use Remmina, the more the merrier! The original video is needed, as it will be uploaded to video streaming services, if you need support let us know. These would make good topics for videos:
- Configuration and use of a basic RDP profile, quickly showing the most common controls (resizes, toolbar placement, screenshots, …).
- Creation of a default profile.
- Cration of and connection to a VNC server.
- Using a basic SSH tunnel.
Your video will be uploaded to video streaming services, under the respective Remmina account at each site. You can add a watermark with the details you want to share, and a caption will be added in the linked video. Pick a suitable license, like CC-BY-SA 4.0-intl. Sending an unedited video is fine too.
Desktop/screen video recorder
There are many video editors for Linux|GNU. OpenShot is good. To produce good looking videos choose a 1080p profile.
Share your videos with us
If you don’t want to use reep.io, get in contact at email@example.com. reep.io is a P2P file-sharing system, meaning there are no servers in the middle.